Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Favorite recipe

Ever wonder what the heck you are going to make for dinner???
Naw......thats not real right,???

It seems a daily struggle
What to cook
What do i want to eat
What do i have that i can cook
Is it healthy?

It gets depressing  in these times adding to the problem

So
What is your go to dinner in crazy times?

Is it pizza?
Comfort food?
What makes you wanna cook and come to the table,?

Lets share our favorites so that others can try and maybe find a new fav recipe shall we????

I like to take chicken breasts and make chicken cordon bleu







It seems fancy schmancy, i can prep ahead and it tastes sooooo good. I am worth it right?

This is how I do mine.

Boneless skinless chicken breasts
Breadcrumbs or oatmeal
Maybe spices
Mayo maybe mustard
Sliced ham
Cheese

I put breasts between 2 pieces of waxed paper. (no not mine silly...the chickens)
I pound till even so it will cook evenly
Put aside

I take my mayo and a pastry brush. If i am feeling extra fancy i may add a squirt of mustard and or spices to my mayo. Mix up.
With pastry brush, brush some on each breast. Then layer a slice of ham and cheese. I have used boiled ham, honey of a ham,  deli ham, prepackaged ham etc. All are tasty

For cheese i have used American, provolone, whatever i have for sliced cheese. Thats what makes this great.it all works
Roll up the chicken breast securing the end with toothpick.

I then get breadcrumbs OR take oatmeal in the blender and pulse it up. A healthier version of a breading. I may mix with salt, pepper, parsley or other spices or herbs to taste. Chicken is good with sage or rosemary etc. Use what flavors you like.

Once my crumbs are ready i brush more mayo mixture on outside of my chicken and roll chicken bundle in crumbs.  These can sit like this in fridge covered till ready to make dinner.
I put on a sprayed cookie sheet or shallow pan and bake about 45 min at 350. Check as they can be done in half hour too depending on how thin you pounded them.

Dont burn the cheese.
Serve by candlelight with a veggie like asparagus or your favorite and a side like rice, noodles or potatoes if you want. Or salad

Dont forget your drink
 Use the fancy dishes and glasses. Its special. You 're special and these are special times.

As some famous chefs would say
BAM!  And BON APPETITE!


Do you have a recipe for us?

4 comments:

  1. Any one skillet meal or throw in the crockpot works for me. Just me and the kitties - and they love when I share the pork chops. Left overs get put into idividual meal containers to freeze for a quick night cook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I make a lot of salads. I get loads of veggies and I throw in chicken, steak, pulled pork.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great chicken recipe...my go-to's are lots of soups: minnestrone, chicken noodle and Senate Bean soup...
    I am soaking Navy Beans right now in the fridge and thawing a chunk of Smithfield bourbon flavored ham...chop ham up with 3 c. of onions, and 3 of celery, add chicken broth to cover generously and add a smidge of chili powder to beans in a dutch oven...or similar large soup pan; Simmer gently for 3-4 hrs....
    To thicken: one hour before serving add one mashed potato...and simmer so yummy--serve with homemade croutons...now that's a meal:)))
    BAM & BAM fro sure ~ ~ ~ Julierose ;)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your chicken cordon bleu sounds wonderful. I haven't had it in awhile. May have to add this to my list.
    The easiest for us is to add fresh fish or chicken to a salad. But my favorite comfort food is chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans and homemade butter milk biscuits. I know...the heart is clogging up just thinking about it!

    ReplyDelete