Thursday, March 26, 2020

Doing my part


I have been sewing up a storm

Not of the quilt variety but of mask variety

I took my elastic stash and found some eighth inch which is perfect

I cut enough for 10 masks
Then pulled stash and started sewing


I have one niece in pharmacy in hospital. And one niece a travelling  phlebotomist.
She travels to draw your blood

Both said yes to mask help and they will use the fab masks over their other one and if get coughed or sneezed on will change it out for next patient 

Saving their precious mask underneath

Tough times call for tough measures 

Are you doing anything in the way of fighting corona? And protecting loved ones?

**** update****


One niece wants ten

One wants 5

One cousin one
Another cousin one

Cousins wife whatever i can send and she is sending elastic

Guess I know what the next days will bring

Masks lol








3 comments:

  1. Very nice. Nope I am not sewing masks. I hear Joann's Fabrics actually has kits for free. Take as many as you want to make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made my first prototype with double fold binding ties last night--I like it a lot. Now I will make
    some for my family. that'; be 8 adult and 2 kiddy ones...(my daughter's brood of four would need adult sizes)--so 10 (see that math whizz hahaha) in all. So off to choose appropriate fabrics and making a LOT of double fold bindings...
    hugs from a busy bee.. stay vigilant.. Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quilters are great when it comes to helping others. You are no exception! Your masks look great and will be so appreciated!

    ReplyDelete