Thursday, March 5, 2020

Ever wonder


For those who were asking i did not have my eye proceedure.....i have the flu
Just for fun you know?
Especially with coronavirus around....yeah go me......praying its the run of the mill kind

Have you ever seen a quilt and wondered what it would look like in your fabrics?
Or wondered if so and so would like it?
Or how did that block get made
Where the blocks in the quilt are?

Lots to wonder about. 

Can you quilt all those little pieces?
Is it more work than you want to do?



I find myself looking more at quilt patterns and such.
This tree one in my new book if you look at the white snowflake part  looks very familiar
They put a spin on the outside to make the trees
Clever now that i saw the snowflake

I want to play with common quilt blocks and see the ink blot images too.

So many times i buy a book or pattern 
Spending way more than i should
Only to find i already had that pattern or could have made it easily

Dont get me wrong I  certainly want to support quilt buddies but on a fixed income i dont want to be silly and spend money needlessly on something i have .it could go to fabric which seems to be rising in price each hour.
Hmmm. Can i learn to weave my own? LOL

A lot of times what draws us to the pattern or book is the fabrics used. THE COLORS. The way they PLAY off each other

Hey that looks great in homespun and i have those.

Wow i never thought to make it scrappy
Or monochromatic or in that color

These are what i want to explore more

My own creativity.
I was never a kit kinda gal
No offense i dont want a quilt just like yours
I want Mine.my very own

Anyone else feel that way?
Do you buy patterns then realize you just needed the idea cause you already had the pattern?
Anyone buy kits? Is it because you hate picking fabrics?
Or you just want it all ready for you to sew when you are ready?

Playing with strings today
Mindless sewing thinking of projects i can make

What are you making?
Is it a kit? Original idea spurned off of another idea?

Analyzing myself again to determine why my ufos become ufos.
I found i like mindless sewing like strings and squares and slabs

I found i stall at the quilting part. My domestic cant handle it well. Throat is very narrow and i fight too much

I love to handquilt.....my eyes dont

So there i stall....tops done.....ready to finish

Small projects get done asap except the few that are earmarked for me. I dont make myself a priority

A lot i learned about myself in these 3 months of 2020.
I need to find a way to solve this without working a 2nd and 3rd job to pay someone to do it.

Do you think about your quilting in ways other than i want to make that?

What have you learned about yourself through quilting?



4 comments:

  1. Wow lots of introspection there. I know my UFO's start because. 1. I get frustrated with the instructions or how the blocks are turning out. 2 Borders--I have 5 that just need borders to be done. 3. I get distracted by a SAL, QAL, or a need to make quilt and a project gets thrown to the side. That is why I made my list and have been trying to be very good at just working on a couple of the items.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love really love squares, and strings--but when I surf the blogs I see SO MANY beautiful quilts--and think, why, maybe I could make that--but nope--I find that my own ideas take over or it doesn't look as great as the one I saw...

    I get ufo's because I don't like how something is coming together...or get stuck following the directions (mostly too many seam crossings) or my fabric choices aren't working! I decided this year to just make one major piece and RSC for those squirrelly things...but then, color of the month is generating a lot of ufo's..S I G H
    and do I really really like rainbow quilts after all??
    See, that's how it starts...
    I basically love chain piecing things...this stopping and starting makes me frustrated...grab a string plop it down etc etc...I found out with Santa that applique is too fussy for me...
    [sorry for the long comment!]
    Hope you feel better soon take care...
    hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. That's a lot of wondering. Sorry you didn't get your eye fixed. Luckily Terry didn't get sick and his cataract was removed and soon he'll get new glasses.

    I am an impulsive buyer. I learned a long time ago to let fabric, pattern or book stay in my cart for a minute before I hit "place order". With a HUGE fabric stash, way too many books, and a wonderful collection of patterns on my Google Drive account, I have become a lot more selective on what I buy. Admittedly, sometimes I just can't resist. "I" wonder what about ME want whatever it was enough to actually buy it. I rarely regret a purchase.

    Hope you are over the crud soon.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots to think about here, yes.
    I understand your thinking. Not being rich, or having a big area for sewing and storing, I am forced to be focused. Which is not a bad thing at all. So my main projects are themes I set.

    I use your challenge and the RSC as a way to experiment and play with scraps and figure the blocks will go into a sampler quilt or two.
    Fun to think things out.

    ReplyDelete