Saturday, March 14, 2020

Easy sewing


When you are sick
But want to sew
What do you do?
I tried to organize my overflowing bin of selvages
I used to think I would make a quilt out of them
But who am i kidding
I cant use up FABRIC never mind selvages
Sooooooo



I pulled the best of what I have 
Layered 2 of them with pretty dots
And threw out a bunch of plain white selvages
I found some cute leaves and snowflakes in with those dots


Then i said hmmm i still have room on this strip
Let me pull selvages with words
And sewed a strip up

I cut the 3 of them 6x9 inches for three new mugrugs


See how cute?


Snowflakes

Now to find scrap binding and get em done

I always like new mugrugs.
Rich and i have a hefty stack of them now
But i prefer the non fancy ones as they are used and abused here

We have them on side tables near the bed for water at night
Or near our chairs for morning coffee or afternoon tea

I will use up the good pieces and throw out the rest 

No sense in being silly

I could use that drawer for good fabric stash

Maybe being sick will help me organize my stuff lol

What are you doing in your stash?
Do you save selvages?
What have you made with them?

2 comments:

  1. I have selvages. I have used them to make name tags. I realized they don't hold up very well to a lot of abuse at times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only have a few selvages right now, but have begun collecting them...how wide a piece do you cut off for them? I figure at least an inch???
    Sorry you are still sick...hope your weekend resting can help...I am going to sew on my son inlaw's quilt today--will then have 4 rows together..deciding whether to do QAYG or just sew it all together and quilt it big......
    Stay safe, you two ;))) we are pretty much home bound here...schools closed for 2 weeks this morning...hugs and prayers Julierose

    ReplyDelete