Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Wonky times


Just a reflection of the wonky times we live in

Yesterday our governor said dont bother to sign up yet for corona related unemployment
He needs the government to give him criteria and monetary guidelines of who and what to pay so its all on hold for now

Great....
Tell that to the drugstore when i have to pay big bucks for insulin for my husband

Tell that to the electric company
And cable company that is now our lifeline with online everything

Tell that to the stores selling everyday supplies for more money because of demand and no supplies

This is definitely gonna be a crazy ride
Especially if this goes until June 

Oy........guess I better um get out my red light....no they would have to have me pay them.... and you cant be socially 6 feet apart....cant even sew to make money.....two machines are down at the moment

The clover and dandelions coming up are looking tasty. Anyone have any good recipes? I hear dandelion wine is good 

We will be conserving every little thing here. Dont you use more than your allotted square of toilet tissue.  Dont do it

Good thing I stocked up on kitty litter and food for Dunks. His litter is hard to find so when I do find it I get 2 big bags
He wont go outside... he has never been outside all his life and is scared of outdoors

 so he needs to be taken care of.

So many things to think about 
Makes my head spin

And makes me wonky.

Two machines need the machine dr.
One the presser foot is stuck in the air. Never had a machine do that before 

The other broke 4 needles in 2 hrs and the feed dogs arent grabbing. They are stuck too 

Tried everything. New thread, rethread, new bobbin, searching for buttons to fix.nope. was gonna go online for book of machine as it was free machine but now am seeing why.it is a white
I never liked them. Gonna try my trusty singer next
Runnin outta options and patience

I may need to resort to knitting
I knit faster when I am stressed
Hmmmm......big afghan time???

So much for finishing up ufos this year.

Grrrrrr......
Is your world wonky too because of corona?
And its April fools day today.
Um the world pulled a HUGE April fools on us.

Um yeah you got us.  Can we go back to normal now?

My grandson in London is turning 21 today and posted a sad post.
Turning 21 alone in corona times.
He can really celebrate later once this is over.
I have a feeling we will have a worldwide party.
The PARTY of all parties



3 comments:

  1. Oh no sheltering in place isn't working very well for many. I read so many comments from different people, different articles related to how Christians are dealing. I have a different outlook on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fingers crossed that your Singer will work for you...knit away there kiddo. We all want to get off this "ride" for sure...;000
    Ijust cut some 9" muslin squares for my Courthouse Steps project...will be making the next group on those squares to make sizes all the same--oops forgot about that on the first group...
    see Brain-fog...big time!! ~ ~ ~ waving Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never minded staying home before but hate it not that I have no choice! I have gone my mom's and I'm still working. This time is just so weird. Just trying to get through it one day at a time.

    ReplyDelete