Thursday, March 19, 2020

Some corona fun

Celery or asparagus

With all the scariness of Corona  and quarantines and supply issues I thought we could have a little fun.

I have a fun project in mind for us to do while in quarantine or social isolation

I named it Running crazy from corona.

Here is how it will work.....
We will be making a small table runner
Crazy quilt easy style
(Layering squares, making a cut, shuffling and resewing. Wash rinse repeat)

Using color names that start with the letters of corona.

So grab your stash
You are
Looking for 5 or more
Ten inch squares
Precut or you cut

Pick pretty cheerful colors that have names from the letters of corona.
For example.....c colors could be 
Chartreuse, cherry,coral,coffee,celadon,canary yellow, clay

O colors can be orange, ocean, ochre

R colors. Rose, red, raspberry, robin,raisin,rain,rust 

N can be navy, nut, neon, nude

A can be apricot, apple, azure, amber, amaranth, aqua, asparagus, amethyst

See? Fun already

Once you have your 5 or more squares ready to go, let me know and we will make the quick project

How fun to put a positive spin on such a scary negative event




Orange, apricots 

I want to link to everyone as i dont have a Mr linky
And want to make sure we can all see everyones happy project 

Here are 5 of my colors
I cut them literally in 10 min
Doesnt need to be fussy...i ripped them approx ten inches
If you want to use a larger square you can too

Celery, apricot,navy,canary yellow, red
I may add some orange and maybe a robin blue for a total of 7 to get variety

I will use more than 5 squares and you can too.
I was thinking 5 for the 5 things to remember....wash hands etc but that is flexible


So ARE YOU IN???
LET ME KNOW IN COMMENT BELOW THAT YOU ARE PLAYING.

Come back at 8 am for the details

It literally took me 1.5 hours and mine is ready to play with layout


3 comments:

  1. I am going to be watching from the sidelines on this one. Looks interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be part of the audience too, as i am trying to get the son-in-law's quilt together for quilting --my machine is set up for quilting now...sounds like a really fun project...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your project is coming along just fine! I'm at work for the next few days but I might make a few blocks!

    ReplyDelete