Thursday, March 19, 2020

Ok corona fun is here


Here were my corona colors 
Oranges, apricot,ocean,navy,canary yellow,red,and celery
I chose 7 and made 10 inch squares roughly

I ironed them flat and stacked them right sides up seperating like colors


Place your ruler anywhere at an angle on the stack and cut
Hint you need a sharp blade


Seperate the stack


Place the top of one side at the bottom to shuffle the colors


Sew them back
Chain piece and dont worry too much about matching edges
We will trim later


Iron the stack keeping them in order and restacking them

You can now cut at another angle


Shuffle one side, rinse repeat by sewing
Ironing and stacking again

I had same colors so i shuffled 2 to the bottom of the stack


This is a very forgiving style of making crazy piecing so let your hair down and dont stress



The rules are have a sharp blade
And dont keep cutting thru the middle as that seam will be tough to cut


My squares i trimmed to 7.5 inches
Your measurement may be larger or smaller depending on your start size, seams and how many cuts

I cut my stack a total of  3x making 6 pieces of color 
You can do as many times as you like
If you started with larger blocks you may want to cut 4 or 5x


I made 7 blocks........the same number of blocks you started out with


Because we have social seperation, my blocks will be seperated by a 2.5 strip
Then a 2.5 border i think


I am still playing with that part
And may have enough for 2 runners. One with 4 blocks and one with 3

As i play with my strips and layout I will know better what I want

In a day or two I should have the runner top done and will show you my end decision 

All this stacking, sewing and ironing took me about 1 1/2 hours before work

And now my running crazy from corona table runner is ready to play with layout


To recap.......
I cut 7 squares ten inches each

My corona colors were celery, canary yellow, red, navy, orange,ocean,and apricot

After stacking, cutting and sewing i trimmed them to 7.5 inches

Now I will play with layout and borders and finish it up

Hope you have fun with it.
I know I did and it was really one days distraction from my other quilt projects.

Are you running crazy from corona?
Let us know so I can link up and we can all see


3 comments:

  1. Wow, those turned out really nice. I look forward to seeing what everyone else is doing too. I'm working on some other time-sensitive projects so I'll just watch from the sideline.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how this looks! I'm going to see if I can do a few blocks.

    ReplyDelete