Monday, March 2, 2020

Ok freshies....did I or didnt I?


Ok gals 
Did I make the shamrock mugrug?
Hmmmm

 I figure you guys knew me well and would guess........
St Pats fabric..... check.    Shelf liner.......check
Shelf liner in a mug rug? Um nope
Not one of you said no you wont make the shamrock because you chased another squirrel ......fooled ya. But then again the month is early
LOL  ever have fabric that finds you?
I mean like I am not Irish.....well maybe a teeny tiny bit back a 1000 years ago ha ha BUT every time I try to rid the stash of shamrocks etc they keep coming back. Lucky???
Last year I made a bunch of jar openers for the peeps where I live. Thought I was done with the fabric....out....gone.....yahoo dance around the block

Then enter the quilt show. They sell bags of scraps. Who buys other peoples scraps?.
Um for a couple bucks a bag I do I do!!!

Enter this St Pats fabric into the stash ....yeah. what to do what to do





I took the shelf rubber
The roll was 12 inches wide so i cut 6 inch squares
Then 6 inch squares of fabric

I use 2 pcs fabric and 1 liner  sew, flip and topstitch
And voila
One side rubber 
One side pretty
And a layer inside of fabric for stability. 


In no time i had a stack of 10 done 
And 10 more liner squares cut for the next round
Giving me 20 grippers out of a one dollar roll of liner
Not bad eh?
Hope the neighbors like them.
Our older hands sometimes need a little help opening jars

When i was walking the other day one of the neighbors stopped me and asked if I was the one who left a bunch of pretty mugrugs in the mailroom

I said yes and she thanked me for the bright spot in her normally mundane day

Touched my heart as it wasnt a lot of effort
On my part. I churn out mugrugs to clean up scraps....batting scraps, fabric scraps, leftover block pieces and trimmings 

She was so happy to have one.
Makes you realize how much a little kindness can have a powerful ripple effect on others.

Are you sewing shamrocks?
Staying on track finishing up ufos? (Yeah right)
I am gonna keep sewing green till this fabric is gone

"Lucky" me. Ha ha


******update******

I used up all of this but a teeny scrap and made 17 jar openers
I put them in our mailroom with a note
To take one

Hopefully someone is helped by this easy project

What are you up to???

2 comments:

  1. Such a nice gesture--and it's great that someone thanked you...;))) Good luck tomorrow..will be thinking of you hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simple sewing,which is what you kind of needed so good job even though I bet you were biting the bit to do a shamrock with the shamrock fabric. :D

    ReplyDelete