Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Chandelier moving along


This is my chandelier quilt and with my eye and flu issues i have been able to work a little at a time on it.
I am doing a 3.5 center square with  two 2 inch squares in each block.the white is 2 inch strips subcut into two 2x3.5 and two 2x5 inch pieces.
It makes it easy to grab pieces from my bins and then cut into light pieces for backgrounds


So far i am liking it.
I have whites and creams for backgrounds 
And light greens to dark blues for my colors. 

I cut about 20 blocks worth then cut backgrounds for them

Then it makes easy peasy no think sewing and before you know it......

Its grown a bit.

I dont mind if it isnt finished but if i can move it along i am good with that

I will be sad when its a flimsy 
I like sewing these blocks

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty. The one I am making uses 5 inch squares and 2 1/2 inch squares but your 3 1/2 and 2 are nice. I thought about 3 and 1 1/2 too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty--I love this--so pretty--nice work on this Dawn--funny how certain patterns just are fun to do and you love making them--others not so much!!;000..hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are some really pretty blocks. Hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these blocks! They look so pretty all together. I hope you're staying home and resting. I hate going to work right now. I'm not sure what I'm walking into.

    ReplyDelete