Wednesday, March 11, 2020

How do you quilt?


Inquring minds wanna know.......
How do you quilt?
I Mean what is your style?

Are you cookie cutter making what you see because you like it?
Are you carving your own path spurned by others ideas?


Do you audition fabrics first?
Would you put this dresdan with the orange? The gray conservative one?
Muslin? Something else?
I would probably go with orange for fun.
Or hot pink or something.
Funny i am not a flamboyant person. 
I am kinda common looking preferring the wall flower role in my life.
My clothes are kinda drab with black and navy predominant.
Yet i choose the orange one. 
Any psychologists out there? Pm me before commenting ha ha




Do you see inspiration......


Then have to make it?
I am compulsive like that 
I want it and i want it now.....ha ha

Not sure why.....guess its the only instant gratification i can control maybe?

Who are you as a quilter?


3 comments:

  1. A beginner!! I definitely know I do NOT want to stitch little pieces of fabric together to create traditional blocks. Not sure what my next project will be, but I'm pretty sure it will be large blocks and maybe improv.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel i have two sides: I love chain piecing -- not worrying about what the piece will be--but then I like improve too..just free cutting and letting the piece come out as it does...some of my Mom (free wheeling) and some of my Dad (conservative) I think . ;)))
    At any rate, having'fun with it is my top priority....process oriented for sure hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. I choose bright colors to quilt, but I usually wear dark colors. I prefer batiks, over reproductions.

    ReplyDelete