Monday, March 30, 2020

Quilt show from home


In this difficult time of corona i thought maybe we should start a virtual quilt show.
Showing finished and unfinished quilts to inspire others.
Who doesnt love some quilt inspiration, right?
Here are some of mine
This one is a favorite of mine that will be so beautiful on my bed
the pattern is from Cynthia of quiltingismorefunthanhousework.


And this one made of 1.5 squares 
Was going to be a table topper
But I love it too
Trouble is finding more of the backgound

Its called granny square


This was a fun moda sewalong ( Step down or step up )with friends
Needs quilting but I was so surprised that I liked it. I used squares I wanted out of the stash....i am so NOT an orange person but this too became a fav
Whoda thunk???


Dunkin likes this scrappy one
Amazing how all the colors play nice
Even though it is a busy quilt


Miss Jacky made this beauty.
Um nice gift for a quilty friend....just sayin


This was fun to do
I may need to make more letter quilts


A modern baby quilt
I am more traditional but I like it
I was using up some solids while playing with squares


Olaf panel fun
I may need to take ufo blocks and combine with some other panels for fun


Scrappy trips was fun
And I like the finished product
Those colors are not planned
But still look cohesive


My star needs borders and quilting
Love love love this one


Dunkin likes scrappy trips too


An easy simple square quilt from mindless sewing 


Another mindless sewing day
I just love my squares


And circles
This became too big so now need to figure out how not to cover the state in it lol
Was a 365 quilt back a few years ago
This is only Jan. Feb and Mar
I think somewhere Apr May and June are almost done too
Was originally going to have half year on front and half on back


This was a challenge.i took a bunch of 5 inch charms cut them into 2.5x5 strips
And resewed in color rows 
Needs borders and quilting 


A scrappy slab quilt of bits and parts


More square play with green as a neutral



A temecula quiltalong 
I would have NEVER made this if it wasnt for the sewalong 
They broke down the block into small doable sections 

Note to self.....always try even if a quilt has a million tiny pieces
It may become a treasured favorite.

Ok.....lets see your quilts and flimsys and inspire each other

READY

SET

GO!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Great quilt show, Dawn--you have so many beautiful projects to choose from..they are all so nice! i love the scrappy trips and, of course , that totally scrappy one too..they all look close to finishes..
    thanks for sharing with us ~ ~ ~ julierose :)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too many nice projects! Thanks for sharing and cheering us all up!

    ReplyDelete