Monday, January 6, 2020

Why oh why did I stop



Why is it some projects you start and finish right away
And others it takes YEARS


Like this buggar

In 2020 I want to see WHY I stop on a project and see if I can hone my skills to be better 

Was it just a squirrel that stopped me?
Ran out of fabric?
Came out wonky?
Not as I envisioned?
Maybe it was for me and put to the bottom of the list?
Finished Project has no purpose or recipient in mind?
Dont like the pattern, colors or style anymore?
Hate borders. Or binding

Whatever the reason is,  I want to fix it so that I can have more successful finishes

Do you have the same problem?
Come join me then in our quest to be better finishers. 

Pick ONE project you want finished this month.
Just one.......
Grab scrap paper and dig deep to write down all possible reasons it isnt finished.
If it was just a squirrel....concentrate on this right now and we will chase squirrels later.  I PROMISE

If its a fabric shortage.....can the project be made smaller? Can we add another fabric and make a design decision?

Wonky? Can we skooch seams and trim slivers to make it work?
Sometimes jack the ripper is our friend

Even if not as you envisioned this project can make someone else warm and happy

What do you say. Wanna join me?

THE $##%^&( $ DEER QUILT is my January pick.
It makes me say bad words and has to leave  this house 
PRONTO 
I know i am at the layering process of backing etc and need to see if what i chose is big enough
At this point if not, i will gather ufo blocks and piece the back to work
Or will trim a little off borders depending on how it goes
My surgery is coming up and I need this DONE

Are you in?  Whats lurking in your closet of shame?
Profess it on your blog and we will cheer each other on with ideas of what may work



1 comment:

  1. My re/pink epic fail--oh it was fun sewing those "free-form" (hah) blocks, but all those edges defeated me ....I need to border this and get'er done!! She's gotten into the "windmills of my mind"!! hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete