Wednesday, January 8, 2020

The deer not dear quilt


I found backing and par for this deer quilt it is long enough but not wide enough. 
Surprise surprise right? Its the black one upper right corner

Ok count to 100
How can i solve this and move forward?




I started pulling fabrics to see what Woodsy ones i could find
Some bears


Hikers and canooers


Log pattern


Grass. Deer eat grass dont they?

They do now

I am thinking of cutting the fabric in half down the length and making some fabric about 2 feet wide using colors and the theme of deer. Hunting. Woods etc
So if i make large blocks with the crumb piecing that should work

Please wish me luck . I need this quilt done
And this seems like an ok option for a no buy year

My brother likes the front and knows its coming........





2 comments:

  1. A no buy year?!? Wait Jenny the evil temptress she is....you will have to discontinue your friendship with her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am on a no buy year--or trying to be is more like it...I try to put Jenny out of my mind --and I also bought fabric from her in December ;))) right up to the 31st!! hahaha

    And, deer will eat ANYthing--at least around here...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete