Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Like butta....


Something about a soft yellow fabric
Its like butta. (BUTTER)
so easy to look at
A likeable quilt that shows off the colors
I will have a hard time giving this one away and I am not a yellow or bright person at all.
Hey who said that! 
I meant i like cool colors like  greens blues purples not reds yellows and oranges


But I love this one too

 I love all the inspirational ones I saw online
White backgrounds, dark backgrounds, pastelly beads, bright beads etc. 

I love how this cleaned up a ton of scraps
This fell out of line when i needed more lights for the backgrounds
Another problem that reoccurs for me.
No
Lights
Ugh
I have a ton more cut minus white or off white backgrounds 
Note to self.......order more lights not just pretty colors 


This one I love love  love too.
A temecula quiltalong that I surprisingly kept up with 
Pretty much anyway
Again scrappy
Again ran out of lights 
Gotta do the sashing and get er done
I am claiming her too. 
Big smile........
She makes me happy
If i had known all those little pieces were part of it I probably wouldn't have joined.
Note to self......the elephant can be eaten in small bites 


Made this for boss 
Mine got put aside
Note to self.....
If making two of something finish them both
Now i need to yep you guessed look for the  border fabrics and cut and sew
Then back and quilt. Hoping i have enough of the backing I used for hers. It matched perfectly....


And this one too was fun
Love using up scraps and pairing with solids  for a modern look
I find i used to be a matchy matchy kind of quilter.
Now i find because of exuberant color and participants of rsc i am using more colors and combos 

Growing in my quilting

3 comments:

  1. I like the butter color. Lots of pretty projects there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely buttah color--I like to use natural muslin (good quality ones) for my lights...I am not a huge yellow fan--I find it hard to use as even a little stands out a lot...takes a really good eye for amount and type...hugs, Julierose
    P.S. Back to sitting and reading--overdid yesterday..in a burst of pent up sewing energy!!;000

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the nice soft yellows. Your projects are wonderful. Enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete