Sunday, January 26, 2020

The deer is moving along


These are the slab pieces that i need to insert in the backing
I have not yet seen if wide enough

These are not attached yet but just laid out.
Dunkin was measuring the length for me
I think we are good that way 


Teeny pieces sewn into blocks
Will need to be trimmed
And joined
And sewn between split backing


See how cute those does are peeking out cautiously for danger?



So then i switched out my machine that is acting up for the one i got from an old boss
And played with this. 

Remember our little slab trade?
I made mine into stars and unified them with blues
I started hand quilting but my eyes wont cooperate
So i grabbed it and just organically quilted it


It is a long runner 


And really cute.but why is it when you are on the homestretch you run out of bobbin


I have one star to go
Ughhhh



This was Julierosequilts block


Another pretty one


Jackies?


And I slabbed a back and am hoping it was wide enough
I love it so far but my brain didnt want to figure out the bobbin on this machine after 2 hrs sewing.
Another day.....and i will need to get extra bobbins.of course they are not the same as the 20 i wound for the other machine.

Feels good to sew though.
I have to measure the deer quilt and the backing and see if i still have work to do or not 





3 comments:

  1. Love how the deer are playing now...("Where the deer and the antelope play..") and that slab runner really looks so cute--glad you are back in the sewing "saddle" again ("..out where a friend is a friend.." ) Lotsa songs today...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your slab table runner is pretty. Oh dear what can the matter be....song my grandmother used to sing to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you used your slabs. Such a great idea! It sounds like you're doing better. Hope your eyes are cooperating!

    ReplyDelete