Thursday, January 23, 2020

Lists and surprises


Yesterday was supposed to be my eye surgery
BUT
the oil gland that was lanced was still raw red
So
No
Surgery

While I was napping waiting for the eye to undilate If that is a word
These beautiful flowers arrived from a friend.
She knows who she is and she absolutely made my day.
I love her and am very thankful for her friendship



On a quilty note........

Do you make lists?
Hubs laughs at me
If i need 3 things at the store i list them
So i wont forget
He goes thats bad
I said no I AM BAD and get distracted 
Right?
Anyway i decided to make a chart listing some ufos and where they are at

Then i can see where i stop and examine why
Seems like they stop at the quilting
Also seems i start way too many things

I wont even show you how many pages i have listed
I will let you imagine
Ughhhhh
Time to do a finish it up year



Sorry mr gnome
I cant come out and play

Not yet........

Have you ever really thought about why we have ufos
Or why quilting as a hobby turns us into hoarders
Hoarders of fabrics and tools and patterns
For later 
Later is now.
It seems we are in 2 camps 
The ones who project hop and leave ufos in their dust

And ones who have to finish a project before moving on
Never have more than one going
(KNOW ANYONE LIKE THAT? ME EITHER)

Its like an inner drive to make everything 
You see and like

A drive to have a bucket  list of quilts to make

Silly how our hobby does that

Do other hobbies do that?
Do painters have half finished paintings and turn them into something other  than the original idea?
Do they switch out color midstream?

Inquiring minds wanna know......

3 comments:

  1. Oh a list. I thought about it, but sanity prevailed. Painters yes, sometimes they start a painting and don't like it, they either scrape it and start over with the canvas (oil painting) or throw it away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you paint, you can paint right over it and no one knows lol--like when I make my junk journals...cover it up with junk hahaha
    but no way with fabric...have to rip it out ugh!!
    Lovely flowers...how nice...hope your eye is feeling a lot better today...
    UFO's I never used to have them before I had a blog...I WAS a one project from finish to end gal--somehow that no longer happens...talk about distracted!! Anyway, My Franken Quilt is waiting for me to quilt it...and my Green Monster (do you see a 2020 trend here??;000) is waiting for some kind of border to keep it from flying apart...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful flowers! I make lists all the time! I'm not sure if I follow them all but I try! I hope your eye is doing better today. I'm not sure about other hobbies. I guess some have UFO's and some don't. Just like quilters!!

    ReplyDelete