Friday, January 17, 2020

What are your favorite tools






Many years ago when I started quilting I acquired a bunch of stencils


I hand quilted and loved it

It relaxes me....when I can see lol


I have some pretty ones


And some favorites
Who doesnt love a good feather right?


S

It got me thinking
What other quilting tools do I have that I cant live without
Rotary cutter for sure
Those days of cardboard template and scissor cutting are gone for me



I love love love my bobbin donut
I fill like 20 bobbins at a time so I just need to plop them in
See the second one underneath?
I love it lol


This tool helps me stay organized a bit
Its an empty cheeseball container
I got the idea from Sharon of Vroomansquilt

It makes it easy to cut up my scraps and put them in the corresponding size container

Then when I want mindless play sewing I dig in and go


These are a new tool I love
The clips


I have pointed ones


And square tip ones

And they hold layers together on the edge so nicely

Of course I have a stash of rulers too

What are some favorite tools you use?

3 comments:

  1. Painter's tape. Especially the 1/4 inch size. A good pencil for drawing the diagonals to do HST.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like my 24" long ruler for cutting long diagonals...like on layer cake squares...
    hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete