Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Challenge 24


It all started when I bought this
Yeah someone please take away my plastic card

My eye issues have grounded me a bit
The deer is too big to handle right now
Sooooo
Small projects fit my addictive habit
Hence challenge 24

I figure i do not want to just sew or create a new ufo
I have PLENTY of those that i am working through
So embraced on improving my skills



First block on pg 24 randomly picked happened to have partial seams
What? Guess I better jump in and sink or swim

I think it came out pretty good so confidence was intact


Heck i even had parts for the parts dept to play with


2nd block challenge was to choose a block and make it different on purpose
Darks are now lights, pieces turned around etc. I had a vision in my head for this one and lets just say I dont consider it a success 
But its all good
No waste will become of this


The third challenge i made was to pick a different book with a different size block so i made this from my perpetual calendar blocks
I love this one......maybe an anvil quilt is in my future

The fourth challenge is deciding how these blocks will live
All in one quilt? Many projects?
I decided mine will be all blue and i will try and finish the flimsy of Olaf with them

Are you challenging yourself?
Do you analyze why you have UFO's?
Thats What I am doing and am trying to improve my skills to give me the confidence to trudge thru the hard part to get er done

Are you sewing along?
This Sewalong challenge is very relaxed
Go at your own pace....hey life throws us curves
It is meant to challenge us to use our scraps
Use our books
Learn new skills and finish those ufo treasures

Even Dunkin has been studying color placements and quilting strategies!




3 comments:

  1. What I am challenging myself with is to finish up things. But as I peruse through a couple of new books it makes me want to drop everything and start something new. Urgh! Must not succumb to temptation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My challenge to me is to finish what I'm doing! Carolina Chain is keeping me busy and frustrated at times!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm working on Challenge 24 today!
    I'm not as fast as you, but by the end of the week I'll have something to show, thanks Dawn.

    ReplyDelete