Friday, July 17, 2020

Slow progress



I found this flannel in the stash
A one yd piece of the elephant print
And pieces 
I am thinking if i use one side but leave the 36 length i can get a blanket, bib and burpcloth out of it
Then use the gray and yellow to back it



This polka dot cotton was cute so i sewed up a bib
Just gotta iron and topstitch and velcro


Burp cloth to match just needs a back
Green would work or muslin even


This was 1.5 squares i had sewn a while ago
I found a pink gingham
Sliced it
Inserted the squares
Will iron and cut another cute bib


The internet has tons of free patterns


Found a yard of dog flannel for boy 
And will see what i can get outta that


A hat to sew out of tee knit fabric
You tie a knot at top
How stinkin cute


Another hat. Would be adorable with flower sewn to outside


Found a couple of my moms patterns too

Getting there
Have a plan to cut the elephant set.
Then will have about 3 bibs
3 burp cloths 
Blanket
Quilt
Washcloths 
Socks
Another blanket unless it becomes back of one
Saw an adorable diaper bag in store to 
pack it all in. Will just need change of clothes and my great granddaughter should be set
Unless i make some hats
And booties
And headbands
And.....lol




Then the next plan is assembly line bibs and burp cloths
That will make it easier once all are cut out to sew

I envisioned a bib of the month too lol
Jan a blue icy scene
Feb hearts
Mar shamrocks 
Apr easter
May flowers
June maybe bugs 
July red white blue 
Aug sailing
Sept school or apple
Oct pumpkin
Nov turkey
Dec Christmas 
How cute would that be?
Only problem would be making girl vs boy on some holidays
Hmmm a thought i may 
Need to challenge myself with
I know i have shamrocks up the blarney in my stash for sure 
Any ideas for cute baby things you have seen?

3 comments:

  1. Wow you have a lot of flannel. I don't think I have that much. I like your bib idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That elephant bib is so darn cute especially with that gray/yellow fabric--just perfect. And love that little choo choo quilt...you are definitely on a roll...[file under songs:"Bibs Along with me, I'm on my way to the stars"... ]
    Great idea for the year of Bibs...;)))
    Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. You found some adorable fabrics. I love gray and yellow together for baby items. The bib of the month is a fun idea and will make another one of your amazing gifts.

    ReplyDelete