Sunday, July 5, 2020

Day 5 Christmas



Ornaments can be made using adoraboe prints


Or by using pasta  painted and glued 
I mean how cute are these?
Details like eyes and holly etc can make them so fun


Simple quilted ornaments would work too


Cinnamon stick stars hotglued and decorated are easy peasy 
I got the sticks at the dollar store 


Also make a dough of cinnamon and applesauce. Buy dollar store cinnamon 
Put in bowl.start by adding one  tiny spoon of applesauce and mix.
If too dry add applesauce 
If too wet add cinnamon 
Make dough and roll out.
Cut stars and holiday shapes with cookie cutters
Add hole at top to hang
Let airdry to cure
Store in waterproof tins
I store with Papertowel to absorb moisture 

They are easy. Smell awesome. A good way to use up those old spices that you are going to replace
Mix cinnamon and ginger and cloves and nutmeg etc for your  dough 
When on the tree the lights make them smell like you have been baking.
Easy peasy and sooooo fun


Watch for sales on sites like shutterfly, york photo etc. I made a bunch of Dunkin ornaments on sale and they are ceramic and nice
Have a fab pic of someone? This is a great idea


Make a gnome
Ideas are everywhere 


Another pasta angel


Ornaments are a fun gift especially when dated
I have one my great nephew made for me one year
I had all the kiddos over and we made tons of different ornaments 
They had a ball and ended with tons of gifts or for their tree

Great way to get kids doing something during quarantine


Felt ones i want to make
Just gonna draw out my version of snowman and sew em up

Do you theme decorate your tree?
Get a new ornament each year?
Have homemade ones?
When my kids were small we made salt dough ornaments like pacman
Our tree was all yellow pacman and they loved it
Hubs hated that it wasnt traditional but hey
Christmas is for 
Kids too.
It was fun

No comments:

Post a Comment