Thursday, February 6, 2020

Squirrel? What squirrel?


How bad is it when I have a squirrel to a squirrel??? 
I mean I am supposed to be working on the deer
And then got distracted by page 24 in moda blockheads
And now not ONE BUT TWO more squirrels
I guess I found a nest of them
Oy!

Let me just begin by saying Jacky started it.
Remember saying that to your Mom as a kid in hopes of lessening your punishment?
Yeah not MY fault Roflol
Anywho, Jacky has a friend who has a friend who was cleaning out her fabric stash......
Enter Jackys other friend....me
There were lots of little pieces, the kind I like to challenge myself with.

This Bruins piece above fits nicely for a mugrug
A cute little thank you back to her from her stash
I am thinking a zippy bag too


Enter the next squirrel
This long strip of black was in the bunch
Its selvage says 1997
Oh my..... old enough to vote!
But its black and neutral


And this cute kitty strip
Not wide enough to fussycut into squares
So i decided to fold it in half and cut it 

There.....the center of my zippy bag
With black edges
Perfect!




Well almost.....the black piece has a slight flaw


But if I use every inch including the selvage
I can hide that flaw with a design element

I like it
It was destined to be




So i will sew the three strips for front
And 3 strips for back
And then find a lining and zipper i like

Maybe a fun fish fabric or butterflies 
Cats like those right?
Then i will sew the zipper in and gift her the bag and mugrug

A thanks for allowing me to play with her beloved scraps


What cha think?
A good squirrel?

I mean good kitty????
Lol

PS .....if you see this person today


Wish her a happy sweet sixteen

Happy birthday to you 
Happy birthday to you 
Happy birthday dear Jacky 
Happy birthday to you!



2 comments:

  1. Oh that is the cutest--great usage of scraps that were "squirreled" away--(we are nutty don't you think? get it --squirrel/nuts? groan)
    I will hop on over and wish her many more happy ones...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of scraps. Oh be vewy vewy quiet I'm hunting squirrels.

    ReplyDelete