Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Block challenge


The first challenge I did was partial seams and i was proud it came out nice and flat 

Soooo the next challenge was to make a change in a block
I decided on Aunt Dinah block in moda blockheads book
Someones in the kitchen with Dinah alright and he was playing on the ole banjo
His name is the devil
LOL


I made an error.how is that possible?
i was purposely making an error and made a different one that has to be ripped out
Ughhhh
AND MADE IT FOUR TIMES CAUSE I CHAIN STITCHED THEM
did you hear me say bad words?
Yeah I am sorry....
I will go in time out


I fixed them and continued on my way making the block


What?
Sewed the wrong side of the row on the bottom

Should have just made the darned block normal
More bad words (cover your ears as the bad words are getting badder...more bad?)



Ok block
You dont look this darned complicated
A nine patch. Geesh Louise
I mean Darned Dinah


Here she is as i kind of envisioned
The 4 corners turned with the squares inward
Not crazy about it but its done
Maybe I should just make Julies block the way she did it.....I LIKED hers lol

Block two of my personal challenge done
I think the fabric I used in the outer triangles is contributing to my dislike
But done is good

Did you open a book and challenge yourself?
After all thats how our skills improve right?

2 comments:

  1. Well it looks ok, but yep I can relate. I sewed 16 blocks last night with no bobbin thread. Grrr.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Done is good, right? Phew--I cannot be going through all that agita right now--enough going on here for me on the home front..ya know??
    I fused the Angel block (maybe she will come and help me out?) and it's ready to sew...hugs, Julierose Oh and-- P.S. I am VERY impressed with your stick-to-it-tive-ness!!:)))

    ReplyDelete