Sunday, February 2, 2020

Ooooo you know what I like.......


When I look at pics on the blog or in my phone of quilts I made there are a few things in common
They are usually scrappy
Usually stop working on them at the quilting point
And usually they are made of squares


This was a little surprise when I did a cutup of a panel. I figured if i messed it up I wasnt crazy about it anyway

But a new problem arose
When I cut it up I loved it
And have one panel
And none of those colors in the stash

Hmmm a different problem


This one is huge
And needs borders  and to be quilted





Needs to be quilted
Was a play day to use up squares and green stash

If I could finish all the quilts I have started I would have gifts for the next few years
Seriously

I am thinking of taking all the starts that I am not crazy to finish and putting them with my parts dept....you know geese and little slab sections  or extra blocks.....
And making a kitchen sink quilt
You fit all those parts together in one top
By adding widths and lengths and commonly colored blocks for continuity so it looks planned

I may be able to make a quilt the size of Massachusetts. Lol
Hmmmm
I should look for yardage i want to cull from the stash.
A productive diversion.....i like it

What??? Its not NEW
its FINISHING right????

3 comments:

  1. Ooh a kitchen sink quilt is a super idea..they are fun to (try lol) to get together like my Green Monstah--those little coping strips of squares saved my butt on that one hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try working on reducing my stash so I always seem to have a scrap quilt in the works. It never seems to reduce my stash but it makes me feel better!

    ReplyDelete