Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Anvil


Does anyone else have this old perpetual quilt block calendar?

I love mine and use it for inspiration 


I flipped to Feb 22 and anvil was the block 


Pretty easy


I think.......


I hurriedly cut out some blue and background and sewed one up

Just needs pressing and trimming 

This will go in my challenge block project

I think i will make blue blocks then make them larger

To finish off Olafs border






Not a bad idea huh?
(Did i say the f word? Finish?)

4 comments:

  1. Good job! Excellent idea, now I don't always like the anvil block but that one is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a good idea to keep that old calendar for the patterns--your anvil block came out beautifully...Olaf is coming together well hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use to have one, but gave it away once I got Block Base and EQ software. Although, give me graph paper and a pencil and I am happy to scribble design away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember that calendar! Great idea to finish Olaf with these blocks. I like your Anvil!!

    ReplyDelete