Saturday, February 8, 2020

First February finish


TA DAAAAAAAA
remember the slab exchange girls?
I know......you were a lot younger then
Ha ha
This was a slab challenge and 5 of us exchanged  slab blocks.
I have always been jealous that Rosemary put hers into a runner right away and in the Spring she puts it out

If I remember right we all asked for specific colors 

I said anything goes for mine and it was a challenge to figure out how to put them together


I first unified them in color and style and surrounded them in blue hst star points


Then i joined them in a row to make the runner

This was either Jeannas or Rosemarys
I should have labelled them


I love each and every star
For they represent my star friends
I think this was Jackys



I think this one was Julieroses 
She blogs at julierosequilts


Each different and beautiful


Then I had a problem that stalled it again.
BACKING or lack of

Since I had a slabbing mess still out I decided to sprinkle blue scraps here and there



If you look close you will see i used the cutoffs of cutting down my received slabs


Some pieces are teeny tiny


But its all fun


I uh hummm organically quilted.... said because I cant quilt a straight line to save my life

And pulled another little blue scrap for binding

YAY!!!!!!
A Feb finish
Dont look at my cut off points and imperfections  because this piece is perfect to me.
Perfectly beautiful for my table from my perfectly beautiful quilt friends.

Thanks gals!!!!!!
WE Have a finish
Yeah....you too.....you sewed part of this

4 comments:

  1. I like how you integrated them all together...great work on this one...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you liked my idea! I love how you made stars out of our slabs.

    ReplyDelete