Wednesday, February 12, 2020

24 challenge

I made a little challenge.
I got a book and said ok i will make use of my books and make what is on page 24.
No muss no fuss.if you dont want to start another project, just turn to page 2 or make 2 blocks of a ufo to further it along.
The point being is to SEW and use our hoarded stash of both fabrics and books.

Colette of www.whataboutrheema.blogspot.com
Took on the challenge.

Look at all she accomplished.
Great job my friend.

I think Julierose of www.julierosequilts.blogspot.com is doing the challenge too.

They had one week.......till today......to pick, make and blog about their project.

I am making one block on page 24 of my blockheads book. It is a challenge to me with its partial seams too. Oy! What did I get myself into?

Heres my book....turn to page 24

YIKES  dreaded partial seam



I started.....so far so good


Chaining those flying geese
Ok not bad so far


Hmmm. A little pressing will help it lay flat
Success!
I made the block
And I like it
Blues are my colors and my bucket runneth over 



And what do I do?
Ah hemmmm
I take the teeny tiny triangle cutoffs and play
And made a little strip
WHY?
heck if I know
Those darned voices in my head
If you sew this you can create......
Create what voice?
Create whatever you want my child
And thats where that darned voice gets me in trouble
Like a friend you shouldn't hang around with
Leaves me holding the bag


So I created with the leftover pieces
So cute but what do they want to be?


They are tiny
Hmmm
Maybe zippy bags?


So as I pondered I pulled orange from my 1.5 bucket
And made a 4.5 inch 16 patch
Just because
And I am not even doing the RSC
Ughhhhh



See?  Tiny
Maybe I should pull light greens and follow along with those RSC gals
Maybe they arent as bad to hang around with as are the voices.
Are you creating?
Moving ufos to the finish line?
Trying new things?
New colors,? Techniques?
Show us.......we wanna see
Maybe we can hang out together.....




3 comments:

  1. I re-did the Flying Ohio Star...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty. Um I had a bin full of 1 inch squares....I actually threw them in for dog bed filler. I decided even I am not quite that crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a wonderful idea here. I'll play along, I'm very casual about things however. Deadlines send me into a panic and are to be avoided if at all possible in my book.

    ReplyDelete