Wednesday, February 23, 2022

You cant take the farm outta the girl


I found this 12 inch block online and made one

Cherry preserves or pie filling

I need 12 inch blocks if I am to make 5 of these for the nieces




And...found another cute chick's block 

Not Lori Holt but fits my theme

My Dad used to gave an egg incubator in the cellar and about 21 days b efore Easter he would put in some fertile eggs from the chickens

On Easter did the 5 of us run to find baskets from the bunny?
Nope
We wanted to watch the chick's hatch 
It probably gave my mom time to hide the baskets for later lol

Another farm memory for my quilt

 

5 comments:

  1. Oh how neat!! Your own Farmgirl memories for this quilt project!! ;)))
    You maybe could document all the blocks with a little story about each one in a little booklet?
    Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great memories. Love your jar. The kids have an incubator and they have hatched several clutches of eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet memory! Your farm quilts are going to make nice gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have me thinking I should work on my farm girl quilt. Maybe in March I'll pull it out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 🌞 Very cute blocks! 🐣🐣 Oh what fun with the incubator! My Dad had an incubator after I was grown but I helped him with it. It was fun. He mostly hatched out quails. Such pretty little birds. And tiny eggs. That's neat your Dad had the baby chics timed for Easter. So cool. 🐥🐥

    ReplyDelete