Sunday, February 6, 2022

Slow sunday


Do you save batting pieces?
I do if over 3 inches wide
I use them in mugrugs or pouches

They call it Frankenbatt



Once I have enough I will finish stuff like Dunkins placemat 


So I pulled out my scrap bin
One of many lol
Dollar store plastic container and it holds a TON


See? It fits perfectly on my shelf too
Every once in a while......ahem.......often it gets full of those pieces I just can't part with


All sizes and shapes
When I want to play I iron them up and cut the biggest size I can

I save 1.5 inches, 2 inch,  2.5 inch, 3 inch, and 5
Sometimes 3.5 for fun

My most used sizes are the 1.5 and 2.5
Once I cut the squares I put them in clear barrel containers ....free if you get someone to eat the cheetos or snacks in them

Then when I just have 10 min to sew I grab a barrel and go
The tinier pieces I put in my crumb bin for other play
Do you have a scrap saving system?

I laugh because people say why do you cut it up you may need it
I say because it was just sitting in a bin and I will use it as a square



 

4 comments:

  1. I have begun sorting through my baggie of
    "cut-off" little triangles and saving them for 1/2 sq tringles...
    But:
    I am definitely a "square" lover-- though ;)))
    Crumbs and strips are my favorite things...
    I just can't seem to throw out anything...;000
    S I G H... hugs Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I have scrap! Oh wait scraps, and someone shared a clothesline bowl technique that you wrap with fabric strips 3/4-1 1/2 inch strips and off I go using my scraps for something else.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of my scraps, except from quilts I'm currently working on, is in storage. There are bags and bags of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scraps are the best! 🧵🧶

    ReplyDelete