Monday, February 21, 2022

Status and progress


Thus ufo was started at the start of Corona 2020 during quarantine
I pulled colors of fabrics that began with the letters of corona
Chartreuse, orange, red, night black and azure blue
And I layered squares and sliced and shuffled them and sewed
I call this running from Corona
Runner hee hee

I finally put the border on so it's ready to quilt


And I laid out woven again


Not as far along as I thought I was
I have I think 7 rows of 10 which is 35 x 50
I want at least 50x60 so have to get cracking

I need to keep track soon of the blocks I need with solid corners vs print 
And colors
I have s lot of deep maroon and think some lighter solids may help

Love this one but dreading the quilting
Of so many seams


 

6 comments:

  1. Two beautiful projects-- and almost finished!
    I just love your Woven"--so beautiful--there is just something about the scrappy colors and those even squares together that I like...

    I put away my diamond painting for a bit and cleared off its table for scrap sorting (with DH's help)--so I can sit and do it a little at a time..
    I have too many bags and baskets with cut offs and scraps taking up space...
    ya think????;000
    Hope your day is a good one
    Hugs Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those tiny squares don't add up too fast. I haven't quilted my confetti quilt yet. Seams every 1" so I'm going to have to think about that for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both projects! I remember the Corona project when you started it. The scrappiness of Woven is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so clever with your Corona piece. Well, clever and creative!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow you have a lot of woven blocks, but not quite enough. I can so relate. You have a crazy friend who keeps sending you brights.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 🌼 🌼 Your corona runner is really neat. Woven is coming along nicely. Such pretty colors. Hello to Dunks. 🐈 🌻

    ReplyDelete