Friday, April 17, 2020

One of those days


I thought I would be a smarty pants
And cook dinner for tonight and tomorrow
To leave more time to play...
Porkchops tonight and kale soup for tomorrow

Potatoes have eyes
One bag onions i just bought a few days ago
And they are mush
Managed to get enough for tonight's dinner 
Grrrr
But could be worse
I could be forced to make without so i will count my blessings

Tomorrow is a quick store run 

Soooo i decided to sew this lil butterfly 
Aint she cute?
Used up some 3.5 and 2.5 and 1.5 squares i cut
Those are the sizes i use most


1.5 are the background ones to sew and flip for corners


2.5 are bottom wings


3.5 are top wings
Some black 1 inch x 3.5 bodies and shes done


Wish i had more yellow background
To border


But i am pleased with my little monarch 



Went outside for a.little fresh air and saw that jacky left my daffodils intact lol


They are all out so pretty near Dads wishing well


My little deer was watching over some grape hyacinths
And i see my phlox are peeking out too


See?


Oy......into every beautiful day is a little rain 

I mean PAIN lol
I better not pull it up
I hear the roots can be used as coffee, the leaves as a veggie green and i know the flowers can become jelly because i made it before

So i guess with this corona we can let it debilitate us or look for the positive

I am making less than half of my pay being out of work
BUT
I get to see Dunkin and hubs every day and chat with my buddy Jacky too
Not to mention staying up late hee hee

This too won't last so gonna enjoy it while i can

What keeps you going in these crazy times?

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it amazing how quickly potatoes and onions can go bad. Too bad you didn't have a big grow bag you could plant your eyed potato. Hang in there sweetie, this too shall pass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Staples== potatoes and onions for sure in our household...tonight will be "Pasta Julianna"--my own concoction of Rotelli and tomatoes, onion,s and baby spinach sauteed in olive oil...yum...

    Your Monarch is so pretty...I can see a whole bevy of them across a quilt...
    I read somewhere that March seemed like 300 days and April like a year...and so it goes...

    Hoping like Colette, that this too shall pass
    ~ ~ ~ with frozen hands (brrrr out there) Julierose

    ReplyDelete