Thursday, April 9, 2020

Day two of mystery quilt



I like this so far. These 8 blocks were completed fairly quickly.
Hardest part is finding colors similar to hers but I am happy with this palette 


She started with outside edges like a puzzle
Cool...sewn but not ironed or trimmed yet.will do that later

Like Mikey the cereal kid said
I Like it

What are you up to in your room???

Thought of an idea that may help you. This virus is crippling us. How about we all grab a jar and in it on slips of paper we write something we can do for that day.

Maybe it's a concert if we can play an instrument or piano or sing

Maybe it's candlelight dinner with the fancy dishes and soft music. Hey even meatloaf can be special this way

Maybe its puzzle night

Or card game night
Or monopoly night

Or maybe you are quarantined alone 
So a solo dance party letting loose with fav songs....dancing can burn off those potato chip calories....just sayin

Can you think of other types of nights we could do?
I want to do this to keep from getting too depressed. Its easy to get in that rut with all the doom and gloom
But just as easy to say ok i cant control it so lets live and have fun

Pick some daffodils from your garden. Make a pretty table. Use the good china and silverware. Throw on some soothing music 
Light some candles
You are worth it.and so is your sanity

Give me some ideas in comments....lets have fun with corona while being safe.


4 comments:

  1. All good ideas. I love to sing and play tunes thru the day from country, rock, classic, and even opera. Been keeping my Mom busy with puzzles. With the weather warming up - nice days I open the back door and windows to get some fresh air into the house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All great ideas. While I am at the different end of the spectrum. My days are just normal days. I agree with Sharon. Open the windows, sit on the porch, weed the flowerbeds, go for a walk. I bought a puzzle keeper recently. I still have plenty of work to do around the house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super ideas you have; I am catching up on housekeeping and un-earthing UFOs in my drawer.
    Doing a lot of reading, too, Your mystery quilt is coming together really well ~ ~ ~ Julierose;)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how about trying a new recipe? Trying a food you may have not eaten before.

    ReplyDelete