Sunday, April 5, 2020

Many many years ago


Many years ago after 6 years of trying my mom finally was going to have a baby.
Back then there were no ultrasounds  so she had names for both boy and girl picked out.
Charles for a boy and Charlene for a girl 

On a Saturday in April she went into labor

She labored over 39 hours and at 4 lbs 13 oz I was born with the help of forceps on Sunday April 5th. My Dad shocked my mom by going to church! Lol

She would spend a week in the hospital with me spending 2 weeks until I could go home. Imagine waiting SIX YEARS and then not going home with your baby?

My baby pictures had me with a black eye where they grabbed me to get me out.
Hmmm and I wonder why I have issues with my eyes???

She said she didnt think I looked like a Charlene so named me Dawn out of a baby book because it means new beginning

Sending flowers to Heaven Mom 
Love you
Miss you......




3 comments:

  1. Awe you were a wee little one. Happy Birthday sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were a little one--my Mom was in labor 36 hrs with me--but I was 6lbs 4 oz..and had colic from day one...so I hear that I cried and cried and cried...
    Maybe that's why tears are always close to the surface with me...???? You have to wonder...

    I miss my Mom and Dad a lot--but I am happy that they don't have to go through this virus thing after going through WW II and all...
    Have a wonderful Sunday...blow all those candles out there;)))
    ~ ~ ~ waves from gray CT Julierose;)))
    Happy Birthday hon...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, Dawn! My mom was afraid I'd be too small and wouldn't be able to take me home from the hospital. I was 6lb 12 oz. Not bad! My mother didn't even look pregnant. Anyways, you sound like you were healthy and that's really all that matters!

    ReplyDelete