Thursday, April 2, 2020

The new norm



The new norm around here involves making more soups

Washing everything

Being home trying to sew and keep Dunkin out of trouble




As I looked out the window this morning I saw my daffodils behind my Dads wishing well
A ray of hope



And I trimmed up 2 more selvage mug rugs that will just need binding

They were made before the machines went nutty

I cant believe almost two weeks have gone by

Seems surreal
I think I spent most of it worried
Unhappy that i cant hug loved ones
Or be free
My Dad called and left a message  "ordering 5 dozen face masks"
He is too funny

My time is taken up with lots more washing and prepping things
My hands are the cleanest cracked hands you have ever seen
But it is worth the end result

I just wish we could see the end in sight.
The bar seems to be moved daily.

Two weeks till Apr 7
Now till May 4
Our state case and death numbers have gone crazy

Last night I watched Garth and Trisha with a concert from their home
Not normal but a "dont forget we are all  in this together"

It was great for one hour to do some toe tapping and singing to avoid the doom and gloom

Hope you are all safe and well.
Lets be kind and considerate of each other in these difficult times




3 comments:

  1. Yes, this constant feeling of "not knowing" when it'll be over preys on the mind. So....
    I ordered a little embroidery pattern to give me something different to keep my hands busy with..
    "..the days seem seem long since you went away...my buddy, my buddy.." now there is a real oldie...;0000

    Hang in there kiddo more ~ ~ ~ waving from windy CT
    Julierose ;)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soups are good. Everyone is experiencing a new normal at least for now. We are wondering if this will be like the Spanish flu of 1918 and it will die out during the summer, but come back even stronger in the fall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our normal day-to-day tasks are no longer "normal" but my husband assures me that this too shall pass. Kindness is so very important right now.

    ReplyDelete