Wednesday, August 7, 2019

You birch


Remember this fun project?
The birch tree quilt 

I had wanted to make an old fashioned coin quilt.
You know......strips sewn together in a long strip
And in between plain fabric maybe with applique. 
That was the ORIGINAL plan

Well 
then in blogland 
I started seeing these birch tree quilts 

Huh. I didnt need a pattern 
This would be fun play

I took some solids 
Loosely overcut them into LARGE blocks
Made an angled cut
Inserted  the strip section
Cut again
Wash,rinse,repeat



Then i cut them all the same with my 12.5 ruler
So cute
Dont cha just love that tail shadow? Hee hee

Or am I having a really bad hair day ha ha


I have ten so far
I think 4 across is good
Maybe by 5 or 6 down
So not quite halfway
Still fun to play though

And the bonus is the solid scraps make into 1.5 squares for my other postage stamp

Love a plan

Are you playing in YOUR scraps?




Come back on Friday for a fun giveaway
I promise you will like it.......

2 comments:

  1. Oh those birch trees are amazing, Dawn--so pretty..nice work hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I thought that was a horn. :D

    ReplyDelete