Saturday, August 17, 2019

These are a few of my favorite things


Dont you just love panels?
I find people love them or hate them

I love them and the challenge
Whether I recut as in my deer quilts with attic window 
Or the pillow panel i recut into a churndash
So so fun.......

This panel was in my stash.....
I
Love
It
And i need a gift idea for someone for Christmas

The border fabric was one large piece
I cut off selvages
And took the rest and cut it into 4 equal strips 
Whatever size that was



I think it will make a pretty and fast lap quilt
Dont you?



Gotta resist the temptation
To make it for Me


Look how beautiful this print is
And the border too.
Where i will get stuck is the backing

I think a nice red binding will bring out the red from within





Remember my plate of basil leaves?





Here they are now
Nice and dried snd ready to crush and put in a jar

Then it will be wash rinse repeat  for more.

My basil is thriving this year
Thats good
And will taste so good this winter in dishes

Are you preparing for the winter season?

1 comment:

  1. [Note: writing this from a different computer..]
    Thom is trying to fix mine!! I couldn't even get to google..frustrating..
    I haven't done any sewing for Christmas. Or any at all in 2 days--just that dang computer...
    I think perhaps I have been hacked...;(((
    hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete