Friday, August 30, 2019

FABULOUS FREE FRIDAYS


Welcome again to fabulous free Friday
Today I have a freebie for ALL of you.
I KNOW, right?

Anywho, raise your hand if you save plastic bags 

Hmm maybe a few of you

Raise your hand if you need to make
A sturdy grocery tote that is lightweight 
And waterproof but carries a heavy load.
YOU TOO CAN GET ONE
FOR ONLY 3 payments of 19.99........
JUST
KIDDING


no silly not about the bag. About the payments.

Do you knit? Crochet? Braid?
then listen up.

Start with plastic bags
LOTS




just think how many you save from our waterways 
Fold them flat with the side pleats tucked in







Then take your old beautiful scissors that SOMEONE cut paper and stuff with 

WE WONT MENTION ANY NAMES
.....
and cut strips ABOUT 1.5 to 2 inches wide
No need to be precise
It will make loops of plastic bag





See the bottom that was sealed and the top handles,? Throw those away


Now you have plastic loops

Heres the fun part
Trash bags and shopping bags can come in cool colors too.....to make a pattern
I KNOW.....RIGHT?


YOU place one loop into another and pull it to attach





Loop intertwined


Pull gingerly


Voila. Plastic yarn ready to wind and use.




Like this.makes a small knotlike and a loop

Then scrunch it together as if the loop was one single strand and make a "plarn" ball
Plarn = plastic yarn

Then Knit, crochet or use whatever method you would use with yarn and make a bag using HUGE  needles


Easy
Peasy
And the best part is 

You can get the person who ruined your most favorite scissors in the world to do this for you.

A punishment if you will

They will have so much fun doing it they won't even know it is punishment. 

Really!

No bags? No problem
Make new friends in the neighborhood
People are always looking to recycle them
And you can take them off their hands

OR
you COULD  go shopping.......

Just sayin......




4 comments:

  1. I think I will stick to taking my bags to Walmart and recycling them! I definitely don’t need another project! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very clever bag making!! I save my bags for re-use (now that Ct has outlawed them in grocery and other stores) to put my veggie clippings in when cooking...and to store wayward fabric that hid and escaped my fold-a-thon!! hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw someone do something similar and cover a couple of coffee cans to make a toilet paper holder. I have also seen someone do it to make a rug for their deck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So smart! I think that's a great use of these plastic bags.

    ReplyDelete