Monday, August 12, 2019

Moms birthday and a present


 Those who know me know that my Mom is in Heaven.
Interesting story.....
She was born Aug 12th
My brother,her second child was born Aug 12
And his first daughter, my Moms first grandchild .........also on Aug 12.

3 generations born on same day. And my Mom wasnt here for the granddaughter but I think she probably saw and held Alicia before we did.

Anyway, Happy birthday in Heaven Mom.

And because my friend Julierose of julierosequilts was in a quandary I ended up making one to help her out.
My Mom helped everyone so this is for you Mom and Julie





Start with gathering green and white scraps




Angle the green scrap and sew it down 


Flip it and add a background one at an angle but covering top and bottom of the spike you will create


Fold back
See how cute?


Wash. Rinse repeat



These i actually sewed....the prior i was pinning and taking pics 

Anyway once done trim it up


I had sewn strips of yellow for the pineapple bottom 


Loosely trimmed the bottom to same size as top


Added corner squares and flipped to make the shape

Sewed to top
Voila
A free form pineapple that I will make into a mugrug

Thanks Julie for the challenge 

It was a fun diversion

Happy birthday Mom
Brother Chuck
And Alicia  !!!!!!!!!




2 comments:

  1. Oh that really came out beautifully--clever sewing--thanks for the tips...hugs, Julierose
    P.S. my Mom was born Aug 24th...and my Dad Aug 19th--so this month I will visit them in their final resting place with some Fall flowers...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to your mom in heaven, brother, and niece. Bobbin shares a birthday with them! Awesome pineapple top!

    ReplyDelete