Sunday, August 4, 2019

My husband made me cry


My husband made me cry
But not in a good way
I came home from work and
This is what I saw in my garden
And him weilding a weed wacker

I screamed what are you doing?


He goes i am weeding


I had a yellow rose bush
My barrel of silver and purple nettle

Lillies that havent bloomed yet
A hydrangea
Clematis that was full of buds



And this is what is left

He wacked it down
And pulled up the rest
Till I told him to stop


This is what was there


I am so upset
I wont see these this year
And hope they at least come back


They were gorgeous last year


This was growing great too
And not sure if i have
Any more in front to start another
As the gardener killed that garden
Getting the poison ivy


These are bulbs so hoping they made enough food to come back next year

Good thing I have pictures 
I am not speaking to him yet

It took me 5 years of babying these plants
And planning the garden to be full of perennials
Last year I had a spider bite so relied on gardener to help
This year I had eye surgery and couldnt get out here

He said in his defense.......it looked like weeds
Ok if you dont know what a weed looks like
Get the heck out of my garden!
I will be in my sewing room crying
Dont worry I wont use the rotary cutter until I stop shedding tears......

I think to keep positive I will have a fabulous free Friday.
Every Friday on the blog will be something free for you 

Yes YOU
i will determine each week if it is 
A pattern or fabric  or whatever
Just to keep it fun

What cha think?


4 comments:

  1. Oooh nooo Dawn--how awful--I am sorry and here he thought he was helping you...mad? but how can you stay mad --that is a tough one....
    Don't cry hon, I'll bet the plants left will come back. Maybe he can buy you a new rose bush? And
    some bulbs?? the catalogues are out in force--Eden Co and Gilbert are having sales (ask me how I know lol) check them out and if you sign up for a newsletter they will give you a coupon, too...
    Hugs x2 Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your pain. A couple of years ago my Mom and (lovely) sister did the same to my perrenial garden that took years (and a lot of money) to establish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He really did overdo it with the weed whacker! I'd be mad too! I'm sure your plants will all come back. I bet your husband thought he was just helping you out. (Not sure why!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sorry, obviously he was channeling Jeff cause do you have any idea how often Jeff did it to me. Last year it was my son in law. ROFL

    ReplyDelete