Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Tulips in the Fall???


Remember the squishy package I received from Julierose?


Yeah this one.
The scrappy tulips.
I couldnt resist cutting one out

What do you mean I have bridal shower stuff to finish?

You sound like my childhood.... getting off the bus
Hearing the YOU BETTER BE DOING HOMEWORK speech

What fun is THAT?


THESE are the blocks 

Of the strings I sewed 
On a playday


I had to cut some up....
Just to see......
And I like it.

Dont forget to stop by on Fabulous Free Friday 



Yeah. This will be fun to play in Jan

I think I will sew my pieces to used dryer sheets to make an applique part
Then I will put them in the blocks

I sew the sheets to the shape
Slit the sheet
Turn right sides out
Then applique on

Not much bulk that way and they dont even have to be removed


I envision a string coin quilt with blocks of tulips added for fun

Good thing I had an empty tin.
I hurried and put them in
And sat on the cover while they screamed let us out to play

Outta sight
Outta mind.........hopefully.......
Till later......
We will play later........

I may visit you time to time.....
Shhhhhhh
Dont tell anyone........i will never hear the end of it
Lol

3 comments:

  1. How fun! I drove by an antique/ flea market and saw a stack of Russell stover type tins that wee piled about 6 feet high. Imagine sll the possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh-- I do like the way you applied the side strips vertically--what a great idea..those tulips will be so pretty..kinda gave up on mine...they are in their tin right now--waiting to bloom ;))) hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of tulips in Fall!! Why not?! Yours look great!

    ReplyDelete