Friday, April 1, 2022

Chores



Hey mom

What cha doin????


Oh not much Dunks

Working on the farm





This is the runner flimsy
Gotta find backing and get er done

Love it for a just a play date project
When I started the flowers I had no idea what I would make but they were fun
Then I made a robin
And the butterfly




The robin started as a half square triangle 
Then strips and squares added to make the shape and feet



He loves that butterfly lol


My fabrics are bright
And louder than I usually play with

But I like it

Don't be fooled today
I remember one Apr fools my Then 8 year old 
Niece tried to get me

She was so cute putting a dollar taped to yarn
And trailing it out to the driveway where I parked
Her plan was when I went to grab it
She would tug
"Fooling me"

But Auntie played one back
I saw the dollar and bright colored yarn ha ha
And her at the door window
Awaiting my arrival from work
I walked past the dollar pretending to fidget
With my purse and lunchbag etc
She ran outside saying you dropped a dollar

I turned to pick it up and yanked it off the tape
April fool.......she was so funny
She once rolled papers and put in my husband's 
Cigarette pack too
I miss her
She is in college now all grown up


I guess that's my April fool
They don't stay small forever




 

6 comments:

  1. Love how the flowery runner came out--so beautiful Dawn;;and that robin you made is perfect--nice work..TGIF gal;))
    Hugs [from me in hexagonia] Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your table runner is just a perfect spring project. I'm glad you tried the flower blocks and got hooked on spring things.
    April Fools here this morning is a light dusting of snow on the ground.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not much one for April Fool's. They tried to play a trick on me at work last night. But I am just resigned, so it wasn't any fun for them. Your table runner turned out very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the runner, got me digging out my quilt books and planning. Didn't go anywhere the first so no jokes

    ReplyDelete
  5. 🌻 Your runner is so cute! I like your bird & butterfly & flowers. Very pretty! 🐦🦋🌼 My Granny had a small stuffed chicken she sewed out of fabric & stuffed with something fluffy. It was always in her kitchen. I actually have it now. She passed away years ago. She was born in 1897 or 1898. 🐔

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the runner!! Such a cute April Fool's story.

    ReplyDelete