Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Crumb piecing


As I go along and have scraps I tend to do mindless crumb piecing

I grab a piece no matter the size and sew it to another
I may join a small ufo block in there too
I may sew at an angle for interest
I make fabric a big enough size to iron them and cut the same
For these I think I used my 10 inch square
Hmmmm a good size for potholders you say???
Yep
So far I have 8 made
It may become potholders
It may become a quilt


Not sure but I love the freedom of sewing this way


All fabrics go
Christmas with summer pastels
Batik 
Homespun
All fun to play with
Are you playing in your sewing room?

 

5 comments:

  1. Gosh I love that crumb piecing too!! I am dying to get back to my machine...I want to make some more Ojos blocks. I found a small Ojos table topper I had sewn 0on oranges and greens) before the back (BTB!) went out" "31" by "20" so I hope to layer it and have it for hand quilting to work on...have a good day--even if it is rainy;)))
    hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is good mindless sewing, good for the soul. Also clears out all of the little pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your crumbs are getting huge! They would definitely make a great quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not good at crumb piecing. For some reason I want uniformity. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your blocks. Im sure you will sew them into beautiful pot holders or a quilt or something pretty. I love how all the fabrics are sewn together. Neato! Sewing is relaxing. 🧵✂️

    ReplyDelete