Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Trees


Finding this ufo prompted the tree sewalong

I need to make a runner out of this I think
But also need to make a car in tans
We had a tan station wagon growing up and my baby brother decided to gas it up with the water hose
Yeah our vacation was cut very short that year

He needs a tan table runner for sure LOL


but here are tree ideas to start the sewalong
Find trees you like and make a center block
These geese trees are fun


Or look thru books you have like this one


How cute


It's pretty easy too


Or turn it into a snowglobe
O[oooo
I like that


More tree ideas


And still more


You could applique too
Or do a simple triangle tree


This would be gorgeous appliqued

Heck find trees on fabric even

This sewalong is not fast paced but instead meant to be a learning skill builder

You will be the designer of your quilt
Yes YOU
we will take baby steps so if you want to join me and Dunks then have fun with us

Step one
MAKE SOME SORT OF TREE BLOCK 

simple
Square, rectangle, whatever you want

I will show you ours after Dunkin makes up his mind
He has all the books and greens out and has a royal mess but it's all good

Will you join us?


 

5 comments:

  1. Love that stations wagon block a lot--all your tree ideas look very do-able and fun
    Hugs, julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to see what I can pull together. I have to go to the storage unit tomorrow (Thursday) then we begin traveling on Saturday 4/16 - 4/26 so there won't be any sewing those days. May not get to it until I return but we'll see. GOSH! you get me in some kind of trouble LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see how your tree blocks go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really nice tree blocks. 🌴🌳🌲 I like the station wagon block. Those were cool long cars. I remember playing in the very back of ours while going down the road. No seatbelts then.🌝 🚙 🚘

    ReplyDelete