Saturday, April 30, 2022

Found treasures


Found this tin with 4 patches made of 2 Inch  squares
Fun to play with


Decided to um clean up
And CYNTHIA  at quiltingismorefunthanhousework.blogspot.com was making one of these
I have lots of 1.5 strips
All pieces are cut at 1.5 x 3.5 to make the block

So I said hmmm let me clean up a few strips
Yes I really told myself that
Then I cut the pieces and 1.5 squares on the ends for my squares barrel

So far so good

Then I said I just want to see how one looks with my fabrics

Then one became 2
Then 3
Until these happened

I need a container to put them in as it will be a long term thing
They finish 3x5 in the quilt
But what a fun scrappy quilt I think

And who doesn't have 1.5 inch strips?

A 14 to 15 inch length gives the outer 4
I will pin in groups of 4 Then match with single centers

Then a day of play pedal to the metal and more blocks will be born 
Sweet....


A metal tin full of 4 patches


Just need to sew this on

Today I would have been married 39 years

April is a tough month now

My birthday, Easter and anniversary without my Richard 

But I know he is watching over me and Dunks

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY BABE

You are always on my mind


Love you. Miss you





 

5 comments:

  1. Loe those blocks you are doing long term, Dawn.
    I am sure he is watching over you and Dunks;)))
    Tomorrow is a new month: The Merry Month of May...so take heart...hugs for a great weekend Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have some 1.5" strips too so maybe I'll make some of those blocks. It would be a nice pile of blocks to pull out on a day nothing else is ready to sew on.
    The first year without Richard will be hard. So many things will remind you of him. You are a strong lady though and you will be OK.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry this is a tough month for you. I guess you just have to stay strong and keep going. We're here to help you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Somedays playing is great to get some creative in without a commitment, or to begin a commitment. Just hold on, and remember, this will be a bumpy month, keep the happy memories at the forefront.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your new blocks are really pretty. They will make a great project. 🏵 I like your metal tin. ✝️ Those are wonderful photos. I can see the true love in both of y'alls faces & eyes. Absolutely Beautiful. I just know that Richard is
    watching over you and Dunkin. He's closer than you think. 💞💜

    ReplyDelete