Saturday, November 14, 2020

Whats your favorite Christmas song

 


What is your favorite Christmas song?
Is it silver bells?



White Christmas?



Over the river and through the woods to Grandmothers house we go



Or Silent Night?

There are so many beautiful songs out for Christmas

Funny story.....
One of my nieces when she was 6 or so heard Santa Baby on the radio

She goes Auntie I hate that song 
Its not nice.
Shes right. Who is seducing Santa?
Out of the mouths of babes right?

A other niece used to love to sing the 12 days of Christmas 
She was so proud she knew all the verses
Fast forward to the holiday at my house
My brother in laws dreaded holiday song? 12 days and she proceeded to sing it to him
I died laughing as he had to be nice and listen

Another niece i think i told you was the star of the school christmas musical. She did a solo oh Christmas tree 
She was so cute around 6 years old all dressed in a tree outfit decorated in lights and ornaments  and a hulahoop held the bottom round so she could walk. 
Stage is dark
She us lit up with tree lights
Walks out to her spot
Spotlight on her and teacher starts playing the song from a recording
It skips
Teacher halts her and starts again 
This goes on about 5 times when impatient Kayla wanted her recital over with so she screams out oh Christmas tree oh Christmas tree  and the rest of the song. Literally screaming the words over the imperfect recording to make sure the teacher knew she didnt need the words

She got a standing ovation from the crowd
They loved her and her patience had worn thin so she showed em how to get er done.
We died.
So cute and such good memories

I am loving this years version of little drummer boy with Carrie and Isaiah Underwood 

I also always loved Vince and Jenny Gills let there be peace on Earth

I have always been a Brenda Lees rocking around the Christmas tree kinda gal

And what is Christmas without Burl Ives

Hubs likes Willy Nelsons pretty paper

Please share your favorites so i can look them up and enjoy too.

We all need a little Christmas and love





6 comments:

  1. Such a hard questions....not that I don't love Christmas songs...just after Thanksgiving. I love the Little Drummer Boy sung by Bing Crosby and David Bowie. I'll Be Home for Christmas, and White Christmas always make me cry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love We three Kings--and I'll Be Home For Christmas..makes me cry too. I can still see my Father at our piano and all of standing around him singing Christmas Carols all afternoon..fire burning and eggnog all around...such wonderful times...
    This year will be just ol'Tom and ol' me...but I will play carols and we will harmonize them together..just for us...hugs Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all those Christmas songs, carols!
    Our family sings them and we hear them by our fav artists.
    Michael Buble does some good renditions too.
    We like music around here and we're not afraid of Christmas!
    Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many nice Christmas songs but I do like the Nat King Cole Christmas song. Too many to pick!!

      Delete
  5. I love them ALL! Especially anything sung by Elvis.

    ReplyDelete