Sunday, November 22, 2020

Day 3 turtle doves

 Day 3 of the song is turtle doves


Tell me about a turtle moment or a dove moment in your life. 


A turtle moment can Be with an actual turtle......or about being slow.....

Doves can be messages from Heaven  and that sort of thing.



Here is mine..

As a child of 5 years old i had a lot of changes in my life.  I was starting school, we moved into a new home and another sibling was born in Sept right after.  I was not happy.who likes change anyway? I was perfectly content playing outside doing as i please. Not now. Sit down at your desk.dont speak. I even had a teacher who was wrong and stated my name was not spelled DAWN. Um yeah my Mom Taught me and i am pretty sure SHE named me not you.

So when i could play outside i was happy. I explored the new area around our house.there was  lots of swampy land and i found a turtle. He was going to be my new friend and confidant. Mind you at 5 i do not know how to take care of him and left him in a box where i could find him.i hadnt told anyone about him. One day i wemt to my turtle and he was dead. I inadvertently as a naive young child killed him.

So i picked some flowers and told my mom and asked where i could have a funeral for him and bury him.i invited my family and friends and we said prayers and put flowers on his grave. I wonder if his ashes are still near that telephone pole?


I dont remember if i had named him or not but i remember the pole where he is buried near my Dads house. 

Do you have a story?


2 comments:

  1. Growing up in near Portland I never had heard a mourning dove, or been aware of them when I went to visit my family in Northern California. When I moved to Michigan, and the farm there were a pair that would perch on the light above the garage door that made me nuts. I swear they would sit outside whatever window I was near and make their sound.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was growing up I felt Slow--slow to move, slow to answer, slow to react....I couldn't be "quick on the uptake" like my best friend, Judy (yes, I know Judy and Julie ). It made me feel bad and a bit "less" than she was...a bit wanting...
    In the end....
    She became a trial lawyer putting her quick responses to work for her; and I became a Piano Teacher...where progress is slow and takes a lot of patient practice--which I still love. I learned that slow is not always a bad thing...

    I am still a slow sewer and stitcher...but I try to enjoy the ride...
    Actually, when and if I do try to rush myself, I make tons of mistakes...so Slow and Easy wins the race for me (to paraphrase Aesop).
    hugs from afar Julierose

    ReplyDelete