Tuesday, November 24, 2020

5 golden rings

 Today is 5 golden rings

The one part of the song EVERYONE knows lol

Any cool stories with rings?

I have one

When hubs proposed we were in the car and he handed me an envelooe and said open it

He is  a practical joker so i expected a joke.

The envelope felt empty and i thought it was.  I opened it saw nothing and threw it on the floor of the car saying how bad he is playing a joke etc. He starts yelling at me oh no. Find the envelope  i had an engagement ring in there didnt you see it. 

Um what? Arent you supposed to get on one knee and give me a hint? So we spent time on the floor of the car searching for the ring i threw. Ughhhh.  


Do you have any ring stories? The kind you wear or ring doorbell or sleighbells ring?

Inquiring minds wanna know......




3 comments:

  1. I have a ring doorbell. The cats set off regularly. I saw a video with cats that set it off because they want food. Thank goodness mine haven't decided how it works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When we first married we really had little money to spare having just graduated from college and not having begun working as yet...
    so we got plain gold wedding bands--our splurge was to have them engraved. And certainly no engagement ring...

    Flash ahead to five years ago just before my Mom passed and she was so ill--difficult and fraught days--many many tears etc. That Christmas we said no gifts--we are just not in the mood with all this going on..sooo on Christmas morning Tom totally surprised me with a big box..inside were many boxes all empty and getting smaller and smaller...finally the last was the velvet ring box...a gorgeous diamond engagement style ring--he said "for the one you never got and never once complained about!" And that is my ring story....
    Isn't that sweet? This time the tears were of joy....
    hugs from afar, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. No ring story but I love Julierose's and your ring stories! My original diamond was from a ring that had been in my husband's family. I got my "own" diamond about 10 years later. I was perfectly happy with my original ring. That will be passed down to my son when the time comes. Neither of my kids are in any hurry to settle down. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete