Saturday, August 22, 2020

Since we cant have shows

 Since we cant have quilt shows, i thought it would be cool if we could each show some of our own to inspire others.

 A challenge to use up some 5 inch charms 


 
Clean up aisle 3.....everything but the kitchen sink

2.5 squares challenge.....greens as a nuetral to tone them down


More 2.5 inch play. Yellow is peaceful sometimes


A Jacky challenge to make the table toppers in back. Made the fall for challenge and upped the anti with Christmas. ..we both did the same....great minds think alike


The quilt that makes me say bad words 


Chandelier.....i love this one.....

If you look at my style i am a scrappy gal. The more fabrics in there the better. Lol kinda like soup.


My quilts are not quilted yet, working on that and i am not a great photographer but i think you can see how my mind works. I try to do challenges here and there like the last one that Julierose challenged me with. I tried to be controlled scrappy using all blues. 


I absolutely LOVE my chandelier blocks and they started as controlled scrappy, then what if, then oh heck its going in there  to oh man I am lovin this. Ha ha funny how that happens


My Pat Sloan traffic jam quilt also was a scrappy project that came together fast then stalled.  I cant decide on sashing fabric. I think it will be a light gray or something and get er done with multicolor cornerstones.


Most of the others were using up my 2.5 squares to see how many different quilts i could make. My blue star is not on here but a good example of that. I need a year of just quilting up my flimsys. 


What quilts would be in YOUR quilt show. Dont worry. Its not a juried show. Just quilters sharing what they love no matter where you are on the journey. Beginner or master. We still can all inspire each other. 

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful works Dawn; I love the idea---I will photo and feature some of my older works from when i first started quilting--ones that I haven't shown on my blog before...great idea...;)))
    Maybe call it "The Virtual Quilt Show"???
    Hugs with a smile julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing all your projects. Great idea to have a virtual quilt show. I miss the shows!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait my favorite is missing the geese one!Great projects.

    ReplyDelete