Thursday, August 27, 2020

Pumpkin season

Remember i said to pull ufo blocks?

Look at these pumpkins with leaves inside

So darned cute.

I was thinking maybe other small blocks i may have to build a pumpkin around. I am checking my hst and 3 to 4 inch blocks

Just the fun diversion i need about now.


Cant do the block math? No problem.you can design. Uh huh you can you can.

Surround the small block with chunks of pumpkin color on all 4 sides. Whatever color you want your pumpkin...gray..white..orange..etc

Then cut out 4 squares of background fab and sew onto the 4 corners to stitch, cut and flip  making the rounded shape.

Then frame in more background and voila

A cute pumpkin is born

A few of you made orange pumpkin slabs with me one year. Get out those scraps and ufos and make something.  It will help you out of the covid blues...trust me.

Its fun, freeing and you make a small project that is manageable. Win win



  

They will look cute small in a mug rug.  

Or bigger as a potholder. 

Bigger as a placemat, pillow or table runner or topper 

Fall decorating task done. Ha ha

Doesnt that feel good?

I will need to start one so you can see

Maybe i can get my fall pillow covers done with pumpkins on them. 



I am eyeballing this quilt but as usual I have too many projects going. I really need to stop making ufos

Maybe just one or two cars for a runner 

Maybe......
 

What are you sewing to get back your mojo?


4 comments:

  1. Just sewing strips leftover from my Fall Place mat so far; trying to decide what to make...something Christmassy??? Maybe...
    hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have that magazine the American patchwork and quilting one. I am currently working on quilting and an applique project. Then of course I have some borders to do, since those are always my favorite. (insert rolling eyes)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m working on a Halloween quilt for my grandson. It’s from a McCall’s Quick Quilts October 2019. The cover has a pretty quilt on the cover that is pumpkins but I’m doing one inside that is more child like. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sadly, I'm not doing any sewing. There is something else taking up my time and I hope to share with you soon :)

    ReplyDelete