Monday, August 31, 2020

Last day


 Remember that fabric I found at Wallyworld? Aka WalMart

I got dollar store glass plates. These are the small size.  I modpodged fabric to the back

When dry i cut the fabric edge close to the plate. Next is another couple layers modpodge on the back and smoothing to prevent buckles 

They are not waterproof but can be wiped clean and water cleaned from the glass side.

I put them on the check fab as that will go on a larger glass plate and what a cute presentation for some holiday cookies or bread or fudge etc tied in clear wrap with a bow. Great gift idea. And so i put a sprig of berries to help my photography skills. Haha

If you look at the berries you wont see how out of focus or balance i am lol

Hey i heard that in the back....saying i am unbalanced....lol

But seriously I am smitten with these and how simple they are and inexpensive even. The fat quarter made 2 small plates and i have a piece left over for another project. Sweet!

Are you preparing for the upcoming holidays? I am as i always do but moreso afraid we will be quarantined and not able to get out to get things. I buy some things online but i need my senses....smell, see,feel when i buy. Its just me. I wanna see the quality etc.

Anywho , hope this gives you some ideas too. We all have fabric stash with fav fabs. Wouldnt a santa face centered be adorbs for a cookie plate for santa? 

Or a snowman? Or grinch? Heck even ninja turtles would be cute

I hear you can also use plain white elmers glue to do these. You thin it a bit then paint it on back of glass plate, and fabric, press out bubbles and let dry. I am putting one or two more coats to make it more durable. Easy peasy. Hardest part? Picking fabric and making sure plate dries balancing on something so the edges dont stick to surface 

There you go.....last day of the month and an easy stash busting little project.

Ps leave some plates at the store for me!


3 comments:

  1. Oh your plates came out beautifully--super idea;))
    You definitely are our Ace Crafter...

    I use Clear Modge Podge to seal my Diamond Paintings--I figure they will last longer that way...

    I miss going to Michael's...that always was my fave so-to store for "looking around"--ya know??
    --so many ideas there and such a lot of stuff.

    I do all my shopping online these days...I do miss the feel and smell of things though...
    But we do what we have to...
    Stay safe hon...
    P.S. I look at my white pumpkin (now on my living room cocktail table) all the time--just love it...

    Hugs Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like the plates. Did you see the round glass cutting boards that they did the same.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very clever! These are going to make great gifts.

    ReplyDelete