Friday, August 14, 2020

Quilters are the best

colette from whataboutrheema sent me this adorable bunny fabric for April bibs.as soon as i opened the package,  I swiftly cut out two. One for each set sooooo cute.

Thanks sooooo much Colette.  You are a godsend. I appreciate all my quilt friends so much. You all inspire me and help me on my quilting journey

This is what i came up with for Aug. Watermelon. Hubs doesnt think it looks like a watermelon slice.  I do. He thinks i should add seeds. I would except babies shouldnt have those little pieces that could come off.

I was gonna glue them on and sew but seeds are tiny and hard to do that. Where a bib should get lots of use i was leary of choke hazard. Do you see a watermelon slice???



For Sept i thought of school and alphabets and found this in my stash. This made those for that month.





And be still my heart.......i have been watching videos from the shabby tree to make creative things especially for Christmas.  I went to dollar tree looking for a 3d wire pumpkin wreath form......which my store didnt have......and came out 25 bucks later  lol. I got a cute red truck sign for the front garden and some birthday cards and SOME BEACH GLASS FOR MY TREE. I KNOW.A DOLLAR.....I GOT THE LAST 3 BAGS AT THIS STORE

HOPING ITS ENOUGH to make one tree. I was like a kid in a candy store. 




 


I also met Russell in the store. We had a long chat after not seeing each other for a bit.  I decided to bring him home.  Rich wont mind. Lol. 


Now to see if the other dollar store in town has some goodies too.

Anyone seen any heavy cardboard cone shapes in their travels for my tree base? Or teeny starfish? 

I think my daughter who moved down south would enjoy a seaglass tree as rememberance of living here not far from the ocean. Or I may keep it. You just never know. I am looking forward to making one or more of them

2 comments:

  1. I can see a watermelon, just with the white seeds,not the dark ones. Glad the fabric helped. Can't wait to see the sea glass tree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely see a luscious watermelon slice...
    I also can't wait to see your seaglass tree...sounds
    like it will be so beautiful and sparkly...
    hugs on TGIF day Julierose;)))

    ReplyDelete